Bird Board Ltd is a networking and support service for women at board level in business.
Started by ‘Chief Bird’ Frances Day in 2014, Bird Board has continued to grow from strength to strength; we have launched over 20 monthly board meetings and have a network of hundreds of business owners/leaders across Yorkshire and the North West.
We’re passionate about empowering women in business. Our network of members is made up of a wide range of business professionals helping to shape the local economy. Our members meet once per month to help and support each other in a confidential environment.
Summary of Placement:
This fast-growing and innovative company is offering a professional work placement to a suitable candidate with access to a reliable home computer and internet connection.
The position is suitable for a student with a keen desire to gain experience in a marketing/administration position, with a focus on developing Bird Board’s social media activity and maintaining our strong online presence.
This position is a great opportunity for an individual who has great personal experience of social media and is confident when interacting online. You will adhere to plans and strategies to create and deliver relevant content on client social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin In and Instagram. This role would potentially be of interest to students studying a marketing or business-related subject.
Days & Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.
- To assist in the management and development of Bird Board’s social media accounts by responding to enquiries online and increasing our online presence.
- To create, share and promote fresh and engaging content for use across our social media accounts.
- To assist in measuring the success of Bird Board’s ongoing marketing campaigns and online activity.
- To conduct market research by undertaking an analysis of competitor activity.
- To support the day-to-day administration of the business and complete ad hoc duties as required.
- Currently studying a marketing or business-related degree.
- High level of English literacy with excellent spelling and grammar.
- Experience of social media platforms (particularly Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite).
- Own desktop/laptop computer.
- Willingness to learn.
- Detail oriented with good organisational skills.
- Intuitive problem solving and analytical ability.
- Self-motivated and effective at managing own workload and time.
- Flexible and adaptable in line with the needs of the business.
- Good IT skills.
- Understanding of the role of social media within a business context.
- Experience of analysing the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships.
You must also have a keen eye for detail. To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter telling us why you’d be great at this role together with an example of one great post on social media that you have created that you’re proud of.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 23rd February 2018
Interviews will take place on Monday 5th March