Bird Board is growing quickly.
We currently have nearly 100 women business owners on board with large plans for growth. We are launching 2 new boards very month during 2017.
This is a fabulous opportunity for the right person. As Frances Day, Chief Bird, has a very strong marketing background, there will be lots of opportunity to learn marketing skills on the job.
Most of the work is repetitive so once you have learned how to do each task, it should be relatively simple, but we do need a keen eye for detail. Particularly in spelling and grammar.
- Social Media management – creating content for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Linked in
- Managing enquiries that come through form the website. Booking them onto the boards
- Collecting Woman of Bird Board Stories and uploading them onto the website
- Updating monthly meeting word documents
- Email marketing – sending our regular emails to an established data base of potential visitors and members through Mail Chimp.
- Promoting new board launches through a variety of different mediums.
- Adding new members to the website – uploading photos and descriptions of each new member as she joins
- Event admin support – Each year we hold 2 lunches. One in August and one in December.This year we plan on having 300 ladies attend the Summer lunch – 150 members and 150 guests. This is where they meet up to network.Support Frances ‘Chief Bird’ by collating information and managing seating plans, dietary requirements etc.
- Managing a data portal – Top Birds are women who facilitate meetings. They need access to meeting notes and email addresses of members and visitors.
- Managing the Top Birds – sharing information in a secure central portal where they can access email address and central communication
Skill Sets Required:
Educated to A level standard in English language and GCSE Maths at Grade C or above.
Good knowledge of all social media platforms. We already have a good social presence, this person would be expected to add value here, perhaps with some graphic design skills, but it’s not essential.
Good understanding of Excel and Word.
Trustworthy – able to manage their own time and work with little supervision
Good English literacy – there is a lot of communication between visitors and guests, so this skill is important.
Keen eye for detail.
Frances has been managing most of the admin until now, and with the growth she needs help. This is a fabulous opportunity for the right person. You’ll be working from home so you need your own efficient computer and smart phone that is capable of being used in a business capacity. Hours will start with 15 hours per week, but may go up to 30 per week quite quickly so you’ll need to be flexible with your working times.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has just left school and wants a career in marketing or a stay at home parent, as it will fit in with education, children or other responsibilities that you have. You will be tested at interview stage.
Starting salary will be minimum wage for your age, with a review in 3 months.
Closing Date. Monday 5th June. All applications receive after this date will not be considered.
Please apply by emailing email@example.com with a CV and cover letter. In your cover letter please provide three great reasons why we should offer you this job.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 8th June in the afternoon.